Many webmasters rely on Google for the majority of their traffic. There is nothing wrong with that. But you should also consider spreading your content across various social networks. You never know who can help your content go viral. Adding social sharing buttons to your site is a no brainer also. Simple Share Buttons Adder is a handy plugin that handles this.
Archive | Social Media RSS feed for this section
Crowdfunding sites are not new. Kickstarter and Indiegogo are just a couple of sites you can take advantage of to get funding for your ideas and support other projects. Want to create your own crowdfunding websites? The Fundingpress theme has you covered. It has everything you need to start funding projects on your site.
Twitter cards have been around for quite some time. They make it possible to attach media experiences to tweets that link to your content. All you have to do is add a few lines of HTML to your websites and users who tweet links to your content will have a card added to the tweet that’s visible to all their followers. Twitter Cards Meta happens to be an easy tool that makes adding Twitter cards to your site easy.
Pinterest should not need any introduction. It is an awesome site capable of driving a ton of traffic to your website. Pinterest is introducing new features for webmasters regularly to help them get more out of their Pinterest experience. In order to get Analytics and other useful Pinterest features, you will need to verify your site though.
Pinterest is quite popular these days. It has a visual look and feel to it and plenty of awesome content found by its members. It is never too late to get started with the site. If you are already active on it, you may want to add your content to your site. Easy Pinterest for WordPress is a simple plugin that lets you add your Pinterest posts to your site as a widget.
Running a successful website takes time and effort. Those of you who have done it in the past know the importance of being flexible enough to wear multiple hats. When you have a small team around you, you will have to produce content, edit code, manage your social profiles, and more. Some of these tasks can be semi-automated. NextScripts’ Auto Poster sends your latest post updates to your favorite social sites so you don’t have to.
Everybody has heard of Facebook and its “Like” system. Many webmasters have already added the Like button to their websites. Having Facebook buttons on your pages is not a bad idea. But you could further enhance your community by implementing your own like system. SuperLike for WordPress is a plugin that makes that possible.
Facebook has a very decent comment management system that could increase your traffic and make your site more engaging. Your visitors will be able to use their Facebook credentials to leave their feedback on your website. Adding Facebook comments to your site is not that hard. The site already has everything you need to get started. Facebook Comments Notifier is one of many plugins you can use to implement this.
Pinterest should not need any introduction. It is a visual social community that gives you access to a ton of interesting content on the Internet. By following interesting people and boards, you are going to have a much easier time finding great content all the time. You could always clone Pinterest if you want to create your own content discovery site. iPin Pro for WordPress let you do just that.
Growing a community from scratch takes time and effort. You are going to need great content and offerings to keep people interested. Making it easier for your members to join your community is a good idea as well. Adding social login capability to your site is one way to do that. Nextend Google Connect for WordPress is a free plugin that lets your visitors register for your site using their Google account.
- WP Travler: Responsive Theme for Creative Sites May 23
- How to Add a Debug Bar to WordPress May 22
- Profile Builder: Profile Management Plugin for WordPress May 21
- Custom Login Plugin for WordPress May 20
- Responsive Listings Theme for WordPress May 19
- Rating-Widget for WordPress May 18
- Posts 2 Posts: Connecting WordPress Posts May 17
- Add Buffer to WordPress with WP to Buffer May 16
- Hot Topix: Modern WordPress Theme May 15
- WordPress Landing Pages Plugin May 14
Trending WordPress Tips
- How To Add a Forum in WordPress
- How To Add Related Posts Thumbnails to WordPress
- How To Create a Forum with WordPress
- Pie Register: Enhance Your WordPress Registration Page
- How To Import Facebook Comment To WordPress
- Amazon Link Plugin for WordPress
- How To Add a Mashable-Type Social Bar to WordPress
- How To Add Site Speed Tracking to Google Analytics
- How To Add Google +1 Button To WordPress
- AffiliateBoard Theme for Affiliates
- How To Automate Blogging with AutoBlogged
- Create a WordPress Photo Gallery from Facebook Photos
- Make WordPress iPad Friendly with Onswipe
- How To: Start a News Aggregator with WordPress
- Adsense Extreme for WordPress
- Backup & Disaster Recovery
- Cloning with WordPress
- General Tips
- Handling Errors
- Mobile WordPress Tips
- Plugin Tips
- Social Media
- Stats & Analytics
- Theme How-Tos
- WordPress E-Commerce
- WordPress for Business
- WordPress Security